|Plot Summary of The Integral Trees|
|"In this book, Niven shows us a group of evolved humans living without gravity in the gas cloud which surrounds a neutron star. Ever wish humans could fly? Well, in this book they can! "
Jessica Augustsson, Resident Scholar
|"This book and its sequel are very interesting. The story of a small tribe of tree dwellers looking for more resources for their tribe encounters another tribe and get sent on many adventures. All this in an environment without a planet. Living on trees floating in a free fall environment."
Chris Stephensen, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of The Integral Trees|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Composition of Book
Descript. of chases or violence - 20%
planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives - 30%
Feelings, relationships, character bio/development - 30%
Descript. of society, phenomena (tech), places - 20%
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
Coming of age
- an adult (general)
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- exploring a wondrous planet or phenomena
- surviving natural elements on planet
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- a teen
Is this an ordinary person caught up in events?
How sensitive is this character?
- sensitive to others' feelings
- middling sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Mostly serious with occasional humor
- Average intelligence
- Smarter than most other characters
- very athletic
- average physique
How much of work is main antagonist actually present in:
- almost none
- Planet surface, need spacesuit
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- humans in a primitive/fantasy society
Planet outside solar system?
- mostly 3rd
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- none/very little science jargon needed
- a significant amount of technical jargon
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- descript of kissing
- descript of touching personal anatomy
- description of breasts
How much dialogue?
- significantly more dialog than descript
- significantly more descript than dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
George W. Bush
Robert James Waller
Graham D. Watson
Joanna L. Stratton
Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer
General Discussion (All Topics)
Aline Countess of Romanones
More message boards