|Plot Summary of The Reality Dysfunction|
In a distant future, when humanity has expanded over the Galaxy, in a primitive world only recently colonized,Lalonde, the attempt of contact by an alien energy being frees the lost souls of the beyond, who begin possessing humans. Joshua Calvert, a pilot-trader on the Space Station Tranquillity recovers a computer database who will solve the mistery of what happened to a vanished xenoc race. He will later go to various planets, unknowingly allowing the possessed criminal Quinn Dexter to escape the confinement on Lalonde. Quinn Dexter will overthrow his possessor and gain the magical powers of the possessed. Joshua seduces the joung Louise in the conservative planet Norfolk, and later he will go on a rescue mission of the children-refugees on Lalonde. He saves them, but the possession is spreading.
This synopsis report prepared by ANGELO VENTURA
|Chapter Analysis of The Reality Dysfunction|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Composition of Book
Descript. of chases or violence - 20%
planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives - 20%
Feelings, relationships, character bio/development - 20%
Descript. of society, phenomena (tech), places - 40%
Tone of book
- suspenseful (sophisticated fear)
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
- info about lifeform(s)/society/phenomena
If an invasion, from Earth/human POV:
- subtle invasion (mind control, lookalikes)
War or Invasion
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Escaping from behind enemy lines?
- fighter (air/space) pilot
- Space, need spacesuit
- futuristic human warship
- a space station
- futuristic human freighter/transport
- really, really giant spaceship/station
- one or two man fighter/scoutship
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- humans in a futuristic society
- humans in a primitive/fantasy society
- neutral aliens
- empty, or nearly empty world
Planet outside solar system?
Takes place in spaceship?
Accounts of torture and death?
- very explicit references to deaths and torture
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- an average amount of scientific explanation
- a lot of techical jargon
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- descript of kissing
- descript of touching personal anatomy
- actual description of sex
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Trade Links with Us!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
Aline Countess of Romanones
Mark C. Ross
David R. Palmer
Graham D. Watson
More message boards
Our Chief Librarian