|Plot Summary of Firefly|
The book was based about a creature that lured its prey through sex, so there were lots of sexual references and events.
This synopsis report prepared by Tim Olthouse
People and animals are being found dead and strangely dessicated, as if something had sucked them dry. Two people, Geode and Oenone meet and try to discover what is happening. Eventually they discover a strange creature with the ability to produce sexually incapacitating pheromones is responsible for the deaths. The book has a lot of sexual content in graphic detail. It is a good story too, if you are not offended by descriptions of sex.
This synopsis report prepared by James Xavier
|Chapter Analysis of Firefly|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Composition of Book
Descript. of chases or violence - 20%
planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives - 40%
Feelings, relationships, character bio/development - 20%
Descript. of society, phenomena (tech), places - 20%
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- fantasy story on current Earth
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- the monster chased me!
- 20th century
- near future (later in 21st century)
Takes place on Earth?
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- none/very little science jargon needed
- some scientific explanation
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- descript of kissing
- descript of touching personal anatomy
- weird alien sex
- society controls main character's sexing
- major character becomes a sex slave
- actual description of sex
- description of breasts
- descript. of private male anat.
- descript. of non-breast female anat.
- rape/molest (yeech!)
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
- significantly more descript than dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Trade Links with Us!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
Aline Countess of Romanones
Mark C. Ross
David R. Palmer
Graham D. Watson
More message boards
Our Chief Librarian