|Plot Summary of The Avatar|
|"A new kind of technologically advanced spaceship is discovered that lets people explore the farthest reaches of the galaxy."
C.E. Mosher, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of The Avatar|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Composition of Book
Descript. of chases or violence - 10%
planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives - 40%
Feelings, relationships, character bio/development - 30%
Descript. of society, phenomena (tech), places - 20%
Tone of book
- very upbeat
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- exploring a wondrous planet or phenomena
- lost in spaceship
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Is this an ordinary person caught up in events?
How sensitive is this character?
- sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Strong but gentle sense of humor
- Smarter than most other characters
- very athletic
- an organization
- politician/elected ruler
- emotionally unstable
How much of work is main antagonist actually present in:
- a moderate amount
- Planet surface, need spacesuit
- Space, need spacesuit
- near future (later in 21st century)
- alien spaceship
- a space station
- futuristic human freighter/transport
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- inhabited by friendly aliens
- neutral aliens
- primitive aliens
- empty, or nearly empty world
Takes place on Earth?
Planet outside solar system?
Takes place in spaceship?
- mostly 3rd
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- quite a lot of techical jargon
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- vague references only
- descript of kissing
- descript of touching personal anatomy
How much dialogue?
- significantly more descript than dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Poul Anderson Resident Scholar Profiles|
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
George W. Bush
Lilian Jackson Braun
Mary Downing Hahn
More message boards