|Plot Summary of God Emperor of Dune|
|"Leto II continues his quest for 'The Golden Path' as his transformation to a sandworm continues and his humanity slips away. Through his control of 'melange' he dominates all of the factions involved. Consequently, they all conspire against him continuously."
Shane Tiernan, Resident Scholar
|"In GEOD, we learn of Leto's Golden Path, and through turns philosophical, cruel, and ultimately hopeful, we come to realize Leto's true gift to the world."
Alex Sabourin, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of God Emperor of Dune|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book
- sensitive (sigh....)
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- preventing an ecological disaster
Political power play
- saving govt/kingdom from external overthrow
- search for identity/new understanding
Story involving clones/duplicates?
- good clones/duplicates
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- Male Alien
- An "It".
- long lived adults
Has magical/special powers?
Magical/mental powers of main character:
- mind reading
- can see into the future
- super strength
- can read emotions
- emotionally unstable
How sensitive is this character?
- soggy whimpering jelly muffin
- sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Mostly serious with occasional humor
- Smarter than most other characters
- bulging muscles
How much of work is main antagonist actually present in:
- throughout most of the book.
- Domed/Underground City
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- humans in a futuristic society
- empty, or nearly empty world
- very controlled society
Planet outside solar system?
- mostly 3rd
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- some scientific explanation
- a moderate amount of scientific explanation
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- vague references only
- society controls main character's sexing
How much dialogue?
- mostly dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer
Mildred D. Taylor
Graham D. Watson
George W. Bush
Robert James Waller
Joanna L. Stratton
More message boards