|Plot Summary of Acorna - Unicorn Girl 5|
|"Acorna is a unicorn girl, sent off in an escape pod from her people (because of an attack) and found by three asteroid miners. It's a very futuristic setting, but the miners don't know where she came from. She grows very quickly and the horn on her head has healing powers. She tries hard to fit into society on a planet after traveling around in space with the miners for two years, but cannot understand some forms of cruelty etc. Really good book... have to read the rest of the series to see what happens."
Summer Spirit, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of Acorna - Unicorn Girl 5|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
- info about lifeform(s)/society/phenomena
- search for identity/new understanding
- coping with mental/magical powers
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Cultural problems, alien culture
- feelings as an alien growing up among humans
- Female Alien
Has magical/special powers?
Magical/mental powers of main character:
How sensitive is this character?
- sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Mostly serious with occasional humor
- Smarter than most other characters
- bulging muscles
- Space, need spacesuit
- Domed/Underground City
- futuristic human warship
- a space station
- futuristic human freighter/transport
- one or two man fighter/scoutship
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- humans in a futuristic society
Planet outside solar system?
Takes place in spaceship?
- rotating 1st
Accounts of torture and death?
- generic/vague references to death/punishment
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- none/very little science jargon needed
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
George W. Bush
Rabbi Dr. Abraham Twersky
Robert James Waller
Lilian Jackson Braun
More message boards