|Plot Summary of Paradise|
|"A group of women attempt to overcome the status quo of "Paradise" by setting up their own commune, only to suffer the consequences of their actions. Racial hated and gender issues abound, but the true message of the story is an analogy about myth making and bending history to fit personal prejudices."
Jim Hiller, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of Paradise|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Time/era of story
Kind of romance:
- GENERAL--no other subplots apply
- seduction (yum!)
- boatload of casual sex without love
- general liberal/left wing activism
- women fighting for rights
- minorities fighting for rights
- religious issues
Family, struggle with
- family young v. old guard
- visiting a culture in other country
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- of a different social class
How sensitive is this character?
- middling sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Mostly serious with occasional humor
- Average intelligence
- average physique
How much descriptions of surroundings?
- 3 ()
Small town people:
- nice, like Andy/Opie/Aunt Bee
- dumb Rednecks, like Gomer Pyle
- hostile, like Gomer Pyle on steroids
- sinister, like an X-Files Gomer Pyle
- fancy mansion
- mostly 3rd
Accounts of torture and death?
- explicit references to deaths
Amount of dialog
- significantly more descript than dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
George W. Bush
Rabbi Dr. Abraham Twersky
Robert James Waller
Lilian Jackson Braun
More message boards