|Plot Summary of Out of Avalon|
|""Out of Avalon", edited by Jennifer Roberson, is a collection of short stories revolving around the mysterious, mist-shrouded Isle of Avalon, and King Arthur. Featuring stories from Marion Zimmer Bradley and Diana L. Paxson, Diana Gabaldon and Samuel Watkins, Judith Tarr, and Jennifer Roberson herself. This is a beautifully written collection, giving new life to time-honored legends, and creating new characters that endear themselves immediately."
Pamela Piarowski, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of Out of Avalon|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book
- very upbeat
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- King Arthur
- magical artifact
- magical weapon
Mental/magical powers focus
- clash between evenly matched magical power(s) (fantasy)
- good magical powers hunting non/weaker magical(s) (fantasy)
- search for identity/new understanding
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Cultural problems, alien culture
- one human from different culture of other humans
How sensitive is this character?
- sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Mostly serious with occasional humor
- Smarter than most other characters
- average physique
- general past
Takes place on Earth?
- mostly 3rd
- rotating 1st
Accounts of torture and death?
- generic/vague references to death/punishment
How much dialogue?
- significantly more dialog than descript
Click here for more information about this book
Jennifer Roberson Resident Scholar Profiles|
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
George W. Bush
Rabbi Dr. Abraham Twersky
Robert James Waller
Lilian Jackson Braun
More message boards