|Plot Summary of The Integral Trees|
|"In this book, Niven shows us a group of evolved humans living without gravity in the gas cloud which surrounds a neutron star. Ever wish humans could fly? Well, in this book they can! "
Jessica Augustsson, Resident Scholar
|"This book and its sequel are very interesting. The story of a small tribe of tree dwellers looking for more resources for their tribe encounters another tribe and get sent on many adventures. All this in an environment without a planet. Living on trees floating in a free fall environment."
Chris Stephensen, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of The Integral Trees|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Composition of Book
Descript. of chases or violence - 20%
planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives - 30%
Feelings, relationships, character bio/development - 30%
Descript. of society, phenomena (tech), places - 20%
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
Coming of age
- an adult (general)
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- exploring a wondrous planet or phenomena
- surviving natural elements on planet
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- a teen
Is this an ordinary person caught up in events?
How sensitive is this character?
- sensitive to others' feelings
- middling sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Mostly serious with occasional humor
- Average intelligence
- Smarter than most other characters
- very athletic
- average physique
How much of work is main antagonist actually present in:
- almost none
- Planet surface, need spacesuit
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- humans in a primitive/fantasy society
Planet outside solar system?
- mostly 3rd
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- none/very little science jargon needed
- a significant amount of technical jargon
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- descript of kissing
- descript of touching personal anatomy
- description of breasts
How much dialogue?
- significantly more dialog than descript
- significantly more descript than dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
George W. Bush
Lilian Jackson Braun
Mary Downing Hahn
More message boards