|Plot Summary of Classic Chinese Stories|
|"Lu Xun (1881-1936) is regarded as the founder of modern Chinese literature and used his pen in these short stories to expose the state of things in the early 20th century, before the advent of communism."
Michael JR Jose, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of Classic Chinese Stories|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book?
Time/era of story
- general liberal/left wing activism
- minorities fighting for rights
- fighting for free speech/press
- fighting discrim. (other than racial/gender)
Kind of living:
- general poverty story
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Outside culture (society)
Wisdom from homeless/bum?
How sensitive is this character?
- sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Mostly serious with occasional humor
- Average intelligence
- average physique
How much of work is main antagonist actually present in:
- throughout most of the book.
- mostly 1st
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
Amount of dialog
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
George W. Bush
Robert James Waller
Graham D. Watson
Joanna L. Stratton
Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer
General Discussion (All Topics)
More message boards