|Plot Summary of The Real Life of Sebastian Knight|
|"The unnamed narrator seeks to unravel the life of the mysterious writer Sebastian Knight, who was also working on a biography on another unnamed writer. This book layers the different stories of Sebastian's life, his loves, and the search for the truth by the narrator and another biographer of Sebastian Knight. The reader is never sure who is telling the story or what is real and what is fiction."
Deidre Woollard, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of The Real Life of Sebastian Knight|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book?
Time/era of story
Life of a profession:
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
How sensitive is this character?
- sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Mostly serious with occasional humor
- Very much smarter than other characters
- healthy but a geeky weakling
- Baltic States
- mostly 1st
Accounts of torture and death?
- generic/vague references to death/punishment
- a lot of play on words
- a lot of flashback and forwards
- a lot of stream of consciousness
- written like a journal/diary/letters
Amount of dialog
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
Graham D. Watson
George W. Bush
Robert James Waller
Joanna L. Stratton
Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer
General Discussion (All Topics)
More message boards