|Plot Summary of Child of Night|
Clare is in Paris recovering from the end of her marriage when she meets Andre, a man who tries to pick her up in a bar. Unfortunately for Clare, Andre is a vampire and when she sees him murder a man, Andre begins to pursue her to hide his existence. Clare makes a sexual arrangement with Andre to save her life and becomes pregnant.
This synopsis report prepared by Christine G.
|Chapter Analysis of Child of Night|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book
- very upbeat
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- fantasy world/fantasy past
- two lovers coping with tough mission
Mental/magical powers focus
- fighting a personal illness/handicap
- search for identity/new understanding
- change of heart
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Really unusual traits?
- Super sensitive soggy jelly muffin
- 20th century
Takes place on Earth?
Accounts of torture and death?
- generic/vague references to death/punishment
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- descript of kissing
- descript of touching personal anatomy
- major character becomes a sex slave
- actual description of sex
- description of breasts
- descript. of private male anat.
- descript. of non-breast female anat.
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Trade Links with Us!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
Aline Countess of Romanones
Mark C. Ross
David R. Palmer
Graham D. Watson
More message boards
Our Chief Librarian