|Plot Summary of Sketches by Boz|
|"A collection of excellent sketches (short stories) of Dickens' views of society around him. He was most certainly an outstanding observor and these little stories are warm."
Kelly Whiting, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of Sketches by Boz|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book?
Time/era of story
- 19th century
Kind of living:
- general poverty story
- midlife crisis
- vague finding self/purpose in life (i.e. no plot to book)
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- physical disability
Wisdom from homeless/bum?
Is this an ordinary person caught up in events?
How sensitive is this character?
- middling sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Mostly serious with occasional humor
- Average intelligence
- average physique
How much descriptions of surroundings?
- 4 ()
- lot of descript of crop raising
- lot of descript of animal care
Small town people:
- nice, like Andy/Opie/Aunt Bee
- dumb Rednecks, like Gomer Pyle
- fancy mansion
- rotating 1st
Accounts of torture and death?
- generic/vague references to death/punishment
- No single main character?
Amount of dialog
- significantly more descript than dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
Graham D. Watson
George W. Bush
Robert James Waller
Joanna L. Stratton
Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer
General Discussion (All Topics)
More message boards