|Plot Summary of Imajica|
Imajica is the name for the five dimensions, of which Earth is the fifth, and the only one to be unreconciled - out of contact with the other four. Every 200 years, there's another chance to reconcile Earth, and this time around three people hold the key: Gentle, an artist and womanizer who cannot remember his past, Judith, who is the obsession of many but the permanent possession of none, and Pie 'oh' pah, a shape-shifting assassin of indeterminate sex. This is truly epic fantasy of the grandest sort; Barker has created an utterly believeable, entrancing world as the setting for a remarkable story.
This synopsis report prepared by Ivy
|Chapter Analysis of Imajica|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Composition of Book
Descript. of chases or violence - 20%
planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives - 20%
Feelings, relationships, character bio/development - 30%
Descript. of society, phenomena (tech), places - 30%
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- fantasy world/fantasy past
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- dimension travel
- exploring a wondrous planet or phenomena
- on a parallel earth in another dimension
- info about lifeform(s)/society/phenomena
- search for identity/new understanding
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
If magical mental powers:
- can cast many different spells
- 20th century
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- humans in a primitive/fantasy society
- humans in a contemporary society
- very controlled society
Takes place on Earth?
Planet outside solar system?
Accounts of torture and death?
- very explicit references to deaths and torture
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- descript of kissing
- descript of touching personal anatomy
- actual description of sex
- description of breasts
- descript. of private male anat.
- descript. of non-breast female anat.
How much dialogue?
- significantly more descript than dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Trade Links with Us!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
Aline Countess of Romanones
Mark C. Ross
David R. Palmer
Graham D. Watson
More message boards
Our Chief Librarian