|Plot Summary of Fine Prey|
|"On an Earth that's a colony world belonging to mostly benevolent aliens, the Aya, Spider has been a top student at the Aya school - a school designed to teach students the aliens' language, culture, and ways. She's also been involved in the Fine Hunt, a sport that has evolved from the equine pursuits of Earth's past and the new technologies introduced by the Ayans. In Fine Prey, Spider's two worlds collide."
Ivy, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of Fine Prey|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book
- very upbeat
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
Coming of age
- search for identity/new understanding
- coping with mental/magical powers
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Cultural problems, alien culture
- feelings of a human growing up among aliens
- feelings as an alien growing up among humans
- a teen
How sensitive is this character?
- sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Cynical sense of humor
- Smarter than most other characters
- average physique
- near future (later in 21st century)
Takes place on Earth?
- mostly 1st
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- none/very little science jargon needed
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Scott Westerfeld Resident Scholar Profiles|
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
George W. Bush
Graham D. Watson
Joanna L. Stratton
Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer
General Discussion (All Topics)
Aline Countess of Romanones
More message boards