|Plot Summary of This is the Place|
|"A young journalist realizes that because she is half Mormon and half Protestant she is not suitable material for love--in the state she lives in, in the town she calls home and even within her own family. She delves into her Mormon heritage and journals her way through prejudice into redemption. This novel, set in Salt Lake City in the 50s, reveals not only complexities for the heart but the secrets of what some consider a mysterious place and culture."
JayCe Crawford, Resident Scholar
|"The young lady is the product of a mixed marriage between a morman and a non-morman in a small Utah town in the 1950s. The plot revolves along family realations, prejudice, love-hate relationships. This lady is coming of age, feeling trapped to the land she loves, and explores how to find her own freedom."
David Leonhardt, Resident Scholar
Get your copy of the book
|Review Analysis of This is the Place|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book?
Time/era of story
- fighting discrim. (other than racial/gender)
- religious issues
Strong "rags to riches" component?
Family, loving relations
- Being oppressed by outside culture
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Outside culture (society)
- American West
If story of urban/rural...
- Small town life
Is this an ordinary person caught up in events?
How sensitive is this character?
- soggy whimpering jelly muffin
- sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Mostly serious with occasional humor
- Smarter than most other characters
- average physique
How much of work is main antagonist actually present in:
- throughout most of the book.
How much descriptions of surroundings?
- 2 ()
Small town people:
- nice, like Andy/Opie/Aunt Bee
- dumb Rednecks, like Gomer Pyle
- mostly 3rd
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
- a lot of flashback and forwards
- a lot of stream of consciousness
- written like a journal/diary/letters
Amount of dialog
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
George W. Bush
Lilian Jackson Braun
Mary Downing Hahn
More message boards