|Plot Summary of The Warrior's Apprentice|
|"Miles Vorkosigan, having failed the entrance exam for the Imperial Academy, takes a vacation to Beta Colony. There he gets involved in a minor police problem, which leads, inevitably (this is Miles, after all) to him tangling with another system's civil war. "
Ivy, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of The Warrior's Apprentice|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book
- very upbeat
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
Coming of age
Political power play
- factions fight within govt for control
- preventing/managing clash/war between govts/kingdoms
Working up the ranks of...
- armed forces
War or Invasion
Major kinds of combat:
- spaceship battles
- mental powers battles
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- a teen
- emotionally unstable
How sensitive is this character?
- sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Cynical sense of humor
- Smarter than most other characters
- missing body parts/abilities
- primative (present, near future) human spaceship
- futuristic human warship
- a space station
- futuristic human freighter/transport
Planet outside solar system?
Takes place in spaceship?
- mostly 3rd
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- none/very little science jargon needed
Sex in book?
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
George W. Bush
Robert James Waller
Graham D. Watson
Joanna L. Stratton
Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer
General Discussion (All Topics)
More message boards