|Plot Summary of Boils: Tales of Tainted Mothers Milk|
|"Billy Boyles is every man's toilet. His life is one of perpetual humilia-tion and loneliness. Thanks to an enemy bazooka in Viet Nam, Billy came home a eunuch. Now he is covered with gigantic boils. Hence, an untouchable subjected to every human abuse. But then something very strange happens. His boils begin singing to him. They promise to make his life better. He meets Rosy who also has boils, and she tells him to sing back to them and he will be pleasantly surprised. He does and he is! All thirteen of his boils hatch out into little Billy clones. These pint-size Barbie Dolls (actually Ken dolls) are more than anatomically correct, and determined to set the world right for Billy. Revenge? Payback? Compensation? All tiny little understatements that can't begin to de-scribe the savage, gory, and completely wacky carnage they set out to wreak for Billy.
Frank Robinette, Resident Scholar
Get your copy of the book
|Review Analysis of Boils: Tales of Tainted Mothers Milk|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book
- very upbeat
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- fantasy story on current Earth
- fighting a personal illness/handicap
- search for identity/new understanding
- coping with mental/magical powers
Kind of alteration:
- Scientifically turned into another lifeform
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Cultural problems, alien culture
- one human from different culture of other humans
Has magical/special powers?
Magical/mental powers of main character:
- super strength
Is this an ordinary person caught up in events?
How sensitive is this character?
- sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Mostly serious with occasional humor
- Average intelligence
- average physique
- an entire race
- long-lived adults
- small businessman
How much of work is main antagonist actually present in:
- throughout most of the book.
- 20th century
Takes place on Earth?
- mostly 3rd
Accounts of torture and death?
- very explicit references to deaths and torture
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- some scientific explanation
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- descript of touching personal anatomy
- actual description of sex
- descript. of private male anat.
- descript. of non-breast female anat.
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
George W. Bush
Rabbi Dr. Abraham Twersky
Robert James Waller
Lilian Jackson Braun
More message boards