|Plot Summary of The Path of Daggers - Wheel of Time 8|
|"Jordan basically continues the plotlines of the earlier books. The Bowl of the Winds is finally used, the army manages to get to Tar Valon, Forsaken start popping up like maggots (including some new ones) and war seems to be a-comin'"
Michael Battaglia, Resident Scholar
|"The Dragon Reborn has to get strong enough in his power to fight the Dark One and save mankind. "
Vicki Hart, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of The Path of Daggers - Wheel of Time 8|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- fantasy world/fantasy past
Coming of age
- great warrior
- guardian of justice
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- preventing an ecological disaster
- destined love (dream or prediction)
Spying & Investigations
What is main char. doing?
- spying/espionage in enemy territorry
- finding a killer (criminal)
- unraveling a conspiracy
- rescue mission/escape from confinement
Political power play
- factions fight within govt for control
- preventing/managing clash/war between govts/kingdoms
- magical artifact
- magical weapon
Mental/magical powers focus
- search for identity/new understanding
- coping with mental/magical powers
Kind of alteration:
- exotic/alien torture for major character
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Cultural problems, alien culture
- one culture tries to impose its culture on another group
Has magical/special powers?
Magical/mental powers of main character:
- is very quick
Is this an ordinary person caught up in events?
How sensitive is this character?
- sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Cynical sense of humor
- Smarter than most other characters
- very athletic
- an organization
- long-lived adults
- accused criminal
Has magical powers?
Magical/mental powers of main antagonist:
- can change shapes
- fire/thunder/weather cntrl
- mind reading
- mind control
- can see into the future
- super strength
- can fly
- can cast all sorts of spells
- can read emotions
- is very quick
How much of work is main antagonist actually present in:
- almost none
- an average amount
- during "Tolkien" (fairytime) times
Takes place on Earth?
- mostly 3rd
Accounts of torture and death?
- generic/vague references to death/punishment
- explicit references to deaths
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- none/very little science jargon needed
Sex in book?
How much dialogue?
- significantly more dialog than descript
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
George W. Bush
Graham D. Watson
Joanna L. Stratton
Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer
General Discussion (All Topics)
Aline Countess of Romanones
More message boards