|Plot Summary of Gulf|
|"Gulf is sort of a prelude to "Friday", although Friday herself is not in it at all. It is a shorter novel, about spies and the emergence of a new species of humans (Homo Novis). I think that it's a fun read, and if you enjoy Heinlein's books that don't have much sex, this is for you."
Mike, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of Gulf|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book
- very upbeat
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
Spying & Investigations
What is main char. doing?
- spying/espionage in enemy territorry
- deposing an evil leader
- rescue mission/escape from confinement
Political power play
- saving govt/kingdom from external overthrow
- preventing/managing clash/war between govts/kingdoms
Mental/magical powers focus
- search for identity/new understanding
- change of heart
Kind of alteration:
- exotic/alien torture for major character
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
How sensitive is this character?
- sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Mostly serious with occasional humor
- Smarter than most other characters
- very athletic
How much of work is main antagonist actually present in:
- almost none
- near future (later in 21st century)
Takes place on Earth?
- mostly 1st
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- none/very little science jargon needed
Sex in book?
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer
Jean M. Auel
Graham D. Watson
Mildred D. Taylor
George W. Bush
Robert James Waller
More message boards