|Plot Summary of Mars|
|"This is a fairly realistic view of how a group of scientists is gathered, trained, and sent to Mars on a science-gathering mission. Much character interaction, and much information about Mars, actual space travel, etc. Very interesting, but not a light read."
Jessica Augustsson, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of Mars|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book
- very upbeat
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- exploring a wondrous planet or phenomena
- colonizing/homesteading another planet
- fighting a disease/illness affecting everyone
Political power play
- election campaign
- info about lifeform(s)/society/phenomena
- search for identity/new understanding
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Cultural problems, alien culture
- one culture tries to impose its culture on another group
- one human from different culture of other humans
Is this an ordinary person caught up in events?
How sensitive is this character?
- sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Strong but gentle sense of humor
- Smarter than most other characters
- very athletic
- Planet surface, need spacesuit
- near future (later in 21st century)
Takes place on Earth?
Takes place in spaceship?
- rotating 1st
Accounts of torture and death?
- generic/vague references to death/punishment
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- a lot of techical jargon
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- vague references only
- descript of kissing
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
George W. Bush
Robert James Waller
Graham D. Watson
Joanna L. Stratton
Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer
General Discussion (All Topics)
More message boards