|Plot Summary of Sojourn - Forgotten Realms, Dark Elf Trilogy 3|
|"The trials of Drizzt Do'Urden who is born a Dark Elf, one of the most evil races in Forgotten Realms. But this dark elf is not evil, so he leaves his people and comes to the surface. Once there, he finds that dark elves are not especially welcome in civilization. And so he searches for a home, and for acceptance."
Mike Boroff, Resident Scholar
|"Drizzt Do'Urden, a member of the evil dark elves called "Drow", finds himself the opposite of his evil race, and seeks others like himself, people with honor and morals.
Finding friends in unexpected places, Drizzts learns of the world, and has many adventures upholding the good."
Bryan Cole, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of Sojourn - Forgotten Realms, Dark Elf Trilogy 3|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book
- very upbeat
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- fantasy world/fantasy past
Coming of age
- great warrior
- guardian of justice
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- exploring a wondrous planet or phenomena
- magical artifact
- magical weapon
- info about lifeform(s)/society/phenomena
- search for identity/new understanding
War or Invasion
Major kinds of combat:
- hand to hand
- sword fights
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Cultural problems, alien culture
- one culture tries to impose its culture on another group
- feelings as an alien growing up among humans
- champion of justice
Has magical/special powers?
Magical/mental powers of main character:
- can cast many different spells
- is very quick
How sensitive is this character?
- soggy whimpering jelly muffin
- sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Strong but gentle sense of humor
- Smarter than most other characters
- very athletic
- an entire race
- long-lived adults
- politician/elected ruler
Has magical powers?
Magical/mental powers of main antagonist:
- fire/thunder/weather cntrl
- mind control
- can cast all sorts of spells
- is very quick
How much of work is main antagonist actually present in:
- a moderate amount
- throughout most of the book.
- Domed/Underground City
Planet outside solar system?
- mostly 3rd
Accounts of torture and death?
- generic/vague references to death/punishment
- moderately detailed references to deaths
Sex in book?
How much dialogue?
- mostly dialog
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
George W. Bush
Rabbi Dr. Abraham Twersky
Robert James Waller
Lilian Jackson Braun
More message boards