|Plot Summary of The Birth of Venus|
|"All that Alessandra wants to do is be herself and paint, but she lives in a world of men and powerful religious leaders. She is forced into an unhappy marriage with a man twice her age. Her only joy in life is that her empty marriage allows her time to spend making art and with a young painter who helps her to develop her skill. "
Marie Gemma, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of The Birth of Venus|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book?
Time/era of story
- distant past/middle ages
- women fighting for rights
Inside culture (main char)
Family, struggle with
- vague finding self/purpose in life (i.e. no plot to book)
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Outside culture (society)
If story of urban/rural...
- Big city life
Main char. serviced by prostitute?
- a teen
Is this an ordinary person caught up in events?
How sensitive is this character?
- middling sensitive to others' feelings
Sense of humor
- Mostly serious with occasional humor
- Very much smarter than other characters
- average physique
How much descriptions of surroundings?
- 7 ()
- mostly 1st
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- descript of kissing
- touching of anatomy
- actual description of hetero sex
- descript. of female anat. (the big B's)
- descript. of female anat. (the big V)
- descript. of nude males (the big P)
Amount of dialog
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Sarah Dunant Resident Scholar Profiles|
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
George W. Bush
Robert James Waller
Graham D. Watson
Joanna L. Stratton
Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer
General Discussion (All Topics)
More message boards