|Plot Summary of The Way to Paradise|
|"The story follows the life of 19th feminist-socialist Flora Tristan in her quest to persuade working people of Europe to create a working union, doing so by speaking idealistic speeches and writing revolutionary books. This tour --through cities of France and Spain, mostly--leads to flashbacks in the narrative which show her past life as an abused wife, outcast daughter and apprentice of the utopian ideas of her time.
Flora's story is interwoven with Paul Gauguin's wild life in the Marquesas Islands. "
Augusto Wong Campos, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of The Way to Paradise|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book?
Time/era of story
- 19th century
- general liberal/left wing activism
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- emotionally unstable
How sensitive is this character?
- hard edged
Sense of humor
- Mostly serious with occasional humor
- Average intelligence
- physically sick
How much descriptions of surroundings?
- 10 ()
The Americas (not US):
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- touching of anatomy
- use of artificial tools
- actual description of hetero sex
- descript. of female anat. (the big B's)
- descript. of female anat. (the big V)
- descript. of nude males (the big P)
- male homosexuals doing their thing
- a lot of flashback and forwards
- a lot of stream of consciousness
- No single main character?
Amount of dialog
- significantly more descript than dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
Graham D. Watson
Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer
Mildred D. Taylor
George W. Bush
Robert James Waller
More message boards