|Plot Summary of The Dice Man|
|"A psychiatrist, disillusioned with life, decides to live his life by the dice. This means choosing some options, throwing a pair of dice and doing exactly what they say! The lead character creates what is effectively a new religion, all based around the dice."
Nic Sterne, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of The Dice Man|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book?
Time/era of story
- vague finding self/purpose in life (i.e. no plot to book)
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Battle with a psychiatrist
- White (American)
How sensitive is this character?
- hard edged
Sense of humor
- Cynical sense of humor
- Smarter than most other characters
- mostly 1st
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- descript of kissing
- touching of anatomy
- actual description of hetero sex
- descript. of female anat. (the big B's)
- descript. of female anat. (the big V)
- descript. of nude males (the big P)
Amount of dialog
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Click here for more information about this book
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
17 FREE Sci-Fi Ebooks!
FREE "How to be happy" Ebook!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
George W. Bush
Robert James Waller
Graham D. Watson
Joanna L. Stratton
Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer
General Discussion (All Topics)
More message boards